Thursday, August 4, 2011

For Mrs. Phillips

This is for an old teacher of mine. It started out as a poem then turned to just thoughts, now I don't know what it is


Two  years of learning under you
Three years of looking to you for strength and guidance.
Though some see you as just a teacher
To me you were so much more.
You were a rock when I needed grounding
Relief when there was stress.
How I would have made high school without you
I don’t even know.
But how you did it amazes me.
How you stayed so strong confuses me.
You were going through so much more than I.
Going through less and struggle.
Yet each day you came to class smiling,
Ready to help us through.
I can’t explain how you inspired me.
I hope you understand,
If not for you I would have broke.
Thank you for your time.
Because of you my last years in school
Didn’t feel like how they truly were.

No comments:

Post a Comment