Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Will You?

Here you are
Standing close
Wishing you had been here before.
Hold my hand
Raise me up
Look at you your shinning.

But where were you
When I was crying
When I fell and couldn't rise?
Where were you
When I laid in that bed, scared to death
Just another test....
Where were you?

Here you are
You're so proud
You hold your head up high
Because you raised me right...
And you hold on tight
To that image of me
So perfectly fitting into your perfect frame.

Where were you...
Where were you when I needed you
Where were you when my dreams fell like rain
Where were you
When I was young
When I needed that love?

How can you stand here now
Proud of me
How can you brag now
After everything I went through
You never where there before
Not before prom,
Putting little flowers in my hair,
Like that song.
Not there when I cried
Scared that I might not survive,
Doctors speaking to me,
Not understanding.
Not there when I fell,
Forgetting to stand.

How can you be here now?
Will you be there when,
I walk down that isle
Finally worth while,
Looking at the man I belong with.
Will you be there,
Standing by me,
Will you be proud of me,
Hold my hand,
Kiss me goodbye,
Hand me off to that man knowing he'll be there,
When you can't.
Will you be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment